The iBATHWATER solution consists of an open, standard and interoperable platform that combines several management and technology tools for improving integrated urban-drainage management.
New technologies enable integrated and smart urban-drainage management, particularly over real-time control of water and environmental parameters, given that this allows the most appropriate measures to be applied at any time.
iBATHWATER combines complementary management and technology tools:
- Sewerage-management strategies,
- Treatment technologies (such as screen devices for retaining floaters and other solid waste),
- Ongoing and real-time microbial-monitoring devices for E. coli, total coliforms and enterococci (aquaBio equipment),
- Modelling the quality of water and pollutant dispersal,
- Standardised interoperability procedures,
- KDSS tools (Knowledge Decision Support System) geared towards knowledge,
- Risk bathing-water management.